Senior Drilling Engineer
|Posted: November 2019||Type: Permanent||Job Order: -|
North America, Qatar
B. Sc. Engineering Degree from an accredited and recognized university
- Minimum 4 years post-degree, relevant working experience (e.g. Drilling Engineering) or 6 years relevant industry experience; preference for experience in Offshore Drilling
- Well control proficiency. Commitment to safe, environmentally sound well construction. Experience with H2S well designs and safety practices.
- Awareness of emerging Drilling Industry technology and capable of assessing new technology for implementation where appropriate
- Experience in leadership role (formal or informal)
Demonstrated Competency in:
- Well Control and Well Control Equipment
- Directional Drilling Operations including Anti-Collision Planning
- Extended Reach Drilling Planning and Operations
- Liner Hanger Design and Installation Operations
- Water based Drilling Fluid Technology
- Wellhead and Downhole Equipment
- Cementing Operations
- Land Rig and Jack-Up Rig and Barge Operations
- H2S Operations
- Fluent in English (demonstrated verbal and written skills)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to use common PC software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project) as well as functional specific software (Well View, Landmark – Compass, WellCat, SAP etc.)
Plans, technically manages and facilitates drilling activities fully aligned with Group technical and SHE standards. Responsible for providing fully qualified Drilling Engineering support for technically complex development projects. Progresses projects from planning and concept selection through to engineering design and safe operational execution. Develops drilling design strategies, writes drilling programs, performs drilling analyses/calculations, provides drillwell surveillance, and acts as a focal point for continuous improvement by implementation of technology transfer and application of best practices.
- Plans, develops and writes drilling programs that include casing design, mud specifications, cementing, BHA and bit selection, hydraulics, wellheads, well control, and other drilling parameters.
- Leads through technical support of drilling operations offshore and onshore.
- Responsible for wellbore and equipment intergrity during drilling operations.
- Leads the preparion of comprehensive Drilling Risk Management strategies covering areas of safety & health, environmental impacts, emergency preparedness, well control procedures and relief well contingency plans.
- Assists procurement activities (pre-qualifications, tendering process, bid evaluations). Focus will be on long lead-time and critical items (rigs, wellheads, casings, etc.).
- Assists QA / QC activities (audits, technical reviews, inspections, specifications). Focus will be on long lead-time and critical items (rigs, wellheads, casings, etc.).
- Implements Monobore and Big Bore technology in conjunction with Completions engineering and shareholder technical resources. Includes wellheads, liners and related equipment.
- Provides technical support for Drilling Operations.
- Assists management in areas of Performance Measurement and Continuous Improvement. Facilitate communication and teamwork.
- Evaluates drilling and recommends effective modifications to enhance/improve the drilling process.
- Ensures drilling execution in line with intended plan.
- Plays an important role interacting with Geoscience
Your application for Senior Drilling Engineer, job order # has been submitted. We will contact you shortly with more information.
If you have any questions, please Contact Us.