Senior Completions Engineer
|Posted: November 2020||Type: Permanent||Job Order: -|
North America, Qatar
B. Sc. Engineering Degree from an accredited and recognized university
- 4 years post-degree, relevant working experience (e.g. completions or workover engineering) or 6 years relevant industry
- Well control proficiency. Commitment to safe, environmentally sound well construction. Experience with H2S well designs and safety practices.
- Awareness of emerging Completions Industry technology and capable of assessing new technology for implementation where appropriate
- Experience in leadership role (formal or informal)
Demonstrated Competency in:
- Well Control and Well Control Equipment
- Perforating Operations
- Acid Stimulation Design and Operations
- Wireline Operations
- Coiled Tubing Operations
- Wellhead, Tree and Downhole Equipment
- Pressure Pumping Operations
- Completion Design and Equipment
- Land Rig and Jack-Up Rig and Barge Operations
- Fishing and Milling Operations
- H2S Operations
- Fluent in English (demonstrated verbal and written skills)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to use common PC software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project) as well as functional specific software (Well View, Landmark – Compass, WellCat, SAP etc.)
Plans, technically manages and facilitates completions activities fully aligned with Group technical and SHE standards. Responsible for providing fully qualified Completions Engineering support for technically complex development projects. Progresses projects from planning and concept selection through to engineering design and safe operational execution. Develops completions design strategies, writes drilling programs, performs drilling analyses/calculations, provides drillwell surveillance, and acts as a focal point for continuous improvement by implementation of technology transfer and application of best practices.
- Plans, develops and writes workover and completions programs ranging from mechanical completions, perforation, and stimulation and well testing.
- Leads through technical support of completions operations offshore and onshore.
- Responsible for wellbore and equipment integrity during completions operations.
- Leads the preparation of comprehensive Completions Risk Management strategies covering areas of safety & health, environmental impacts, emergency preparedness, well control procedures and relief well contingency plans.
- Assists procurement activities (pre-qualifications, tendering process, bid evaluations). Focus will be on long lead-time and critical items (wellheads, trees, completion equipment, etc.).
- Assists QA / QC activities (audits, technical reviews, inspections, specifications). Focus will be on long lead-time and critical items (wellheads, trees, completion equipment, etc.).
- Implements Monobore and Big Bore technology in conjunction with Completions engineering and shareholder technical resources. Includes wellheads, liners and related equipment.
- Provides technical support for Completions Operations.
- Assists management in areas of Performance Measurement and Continuous Improvement. Facilitate communication and teamwork.
- Evaluates drilling and recommends effective modifications to enhance/improve the completions process.
- Ensures completions execution in line with intended plan.
- Plays an important role interacting with Geoscience, Reservoir Engineering, and Production Engineering.
Your application for Senior Completions Engineer, job order # has been submitted. We will contact you shortly with more information.
If you have any questions, please Contact Us.