Drilling Engineering Specialist
|Posted: November 2020||Type: Permanent||Job Order: -|
North America, Qatar
B. Sc. Engineering Degree
- 8 years post-degree, relevant working experience (e.g. Drilling Engineering); preference for experience in Offshore Drilling, Extended Reach Drilling and Drilling experience in Carbonate Reservoirs.
- Well control proficiency. Commitment to safe, environmentally sound well construction. Experience with H2S well designs and safety practices.
- Awareness of emerging Drilling Industry technology and capable of assessing new technology for implementation where appropriate.
- Experience in leadership role (formal or informal).
Demonstrated Competency in:
- Well Control and Well Control Equipment.
- Directional Drilling Operations including Anti-Collision Planning.
- Extended Reach Drilling Planning and Operations.
- Liner Hanger Design and Installation Operations.
- Water based Drilling Fluid Technology.
- Wellhead and Downhole Equipment.
- Cementing Operations.
- Land Rig and Jack-Up Rig and Barge Operations.
- H2S Operations.
- Fluent in English (demonstrated verbal and written skills).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use common PC software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project) as well as functional specific software (Well View, Landmark – Compass, WellCat, SAP etc.).
Conduct technical planning and execution support for Drilling operations in the North Field Production Sustainment (NFPS) and North Field Expansion (NFE) programs. Provide a combination of individual technical contributions and expert level technical guidance for other team members with less experience in Drilling Engineering and execution.
- Provide Specialist level expertise for high volume of drilling activity by planning, developing detailed designs and reviewing drilling procedures.
- Develop detailed days and cost estimates based on offset performance to establish project budgets; Steward budget and well AFEs during execution of operations.
- Adapt proven ERD Drilling practices to meet the challenges of longer reach, high angle sub-horizontal well design.
- Apply job knowledge and experience to ensure readiness for broad range of contingency drilling operations.
- Provide expertise in troubleshooting and resolving issues as they arise during execution of Drilling programs.
- Drive contractor performance by establishing high expectations and applying contractor management “tools” to achieve success.
- Effectively interface with stakeholders, including other functions within Qatargas and (when appropriate) Shareholders.
- Enhance D&C organizational capability by providing mentorship and guidance for Nationals, other QG Direct Hires, and Secondees with less experience in rig operations.
- Bridge to NFPS and NFE development, capturing and applying learnings from QG2 SHZ programs.
Your application for Drilling Engineering Specialist, job order # has been submitted. We will contact you shortly with more information.
If you have any questions, please Contact Us.