The Process Engineer – RNG will work primarily on industrial biotechnology and energy projects. The candidate shall have experience surrounding the design and operation of renewable natural gas facilities including knowledge of carbon intensity modeling (GREET), digester feed handling, anaerobic digestion design biogas purification, and handling of digestion discharge streams and all related applicable engineering codes. This Process Engineer will be placed in a key engineering role, working within a multi-disciplinary team and with 3rd party engineering firms to deliver successful RNG projects on behalf of ownership by performing the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares basis of design and reviews process design deliverables.
- Prepares process flow diagrams and mass and energy balances.
- Analyzes equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine appropriate designs and contractual needs
- Prepares Process and Instrumentation Diagrams working with internal and 3rd party engineering resources.
- Reviews and checks engineering deliverables of 3rd party process engineers to determine accuracy and completeness while also reviewing for constructability and operability.
- Coordination of design inputs and design activities with other engineering disciplines in a team environment.
- Participates in HAZOP and PHA studies on behalf of facility ownership.
- Ability and desire to perform process engineering activities as well as work with Operations team to support operating sites, and may work as the Process Lead on medium to large projects.
- Able to handle multiple projects/tasks at the same time.
- Able to interface directly with project managers, engineers 3rd party engineering firms, EPC firms, construction personnel, operations personnel and other project stakeholders relative to the overall success of the project or facility.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering from an ABET accredited University, 3-5 years of related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. The ability to communicate effectively with multiple project stakeholders.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Knowledge of Database and Project Management software, Mechanical, P&ID, and Electrical engineering design and concepts. Solid experience with AutoCAD Design software. P&ID experience is strongly preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Professional Engineer (PE) license.