Conduct technical planning and execution support for Drilling operations in the North Field Production Sustainment (NFPS) and North Field Expansion (NFE) programs. Provide a combination of individual technical contributions and expert level technical guidance for other team members with less experience in Drilling Engineering and execution.
Key Job Accountabilities
1. Provide Specialist level expertise for high volume of drilling activity by planning, developing
detailed designs and reviewing drilling procedures.
2. Develop detailed days and cost estimates based on offset performance to establish project
budgets; Steward budget and well AFEs during execution of operations.
3. Adapt proven ERD Drilling practices to meet the challenges of longer reach, high angle subhorizontal well design.
4. Apply job knowledge and experience to ensure readiness for broad range of contingency
5. Provide expertise in troubleshooting and resolving issues as they arise during execution of
6. Drive contractor performance by establishing high expectations and applying contractor
management “tools” to achieve success.
7. Effectively interface with stakeholders, including other functions within the company and (when
• B. Sc. Engineering Degree.
• 8 years post-degree, relevant working experience (e.g. Drilling Engineering); preference for experience in Offshore Drilling, Extended Reach Drilling and Drilling experience in Carbonate Reservoirs.
• Well control proficiency. Commitment to safe, environmentally sound well construction. Experience with H2S well designs and safety practices.
• Awareness of emerging Drilling Industry technology and capable of assessing new technology for implementation where appropriate.
• Experience in leadership role (formal or informal).
Technical and Business Skills
• Demonstrated Competency in:
o Well Control and Well Control Equipment.
o Directional Drilling Operations including Anti-Collision Planning.
o Extended Reach Drilling Planning and Operations.
o Liner Hanger Design and Installation Operations.
o Water based Drilling Fluid Technology.
o Wellhead and Downhole Equipment.
o Cementing Operations.
o Land Rig and Jack-Up Rig and Barge Operations.
o H2S Operations.
• Fluent in English (demonstrated verbal and written skills).
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to use common PC software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project) as well as functional specific software (Well View, Landmark – Compass, WellCat, SAP etc.).