Design, develop, and draft drawings for Power and Energy Systems associated with the construction and/or upgrade of Compressed Natural Gas Fueling Facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform virtual field surveys for the design of electrical systems, gather information and prepare site assessment reports on existing facilities.
- Prepare Electrical Schematic Design.
- Use AutoCAD to create electrical single lines, load schedules.
- Prepare site specific electrical conduit and conductor layouts.
- Prepare Point to Point Diagrams.
- Size Circuit Breakers and conductors for motors, controls, and power systems.
- Prepare Fault Current Calculations.
- Prepare ArcFlash Calculations.
- Coordination with Electrical Plan Reviewers.
- Work with equipment suppliers in order to set corporate automation policies and develop best practices and standards.
- Coordinate and facilitate system designs and validate interconnectivity and inter-functionality of purchased sub-assemblies and equipment.
- Prepare status and progress project reports for the Director of Engineering and company management.
- Advise management regarding engineering problems and potential ways to solve them.
- Work closely with management and colleagues to ensure quality of design drawings.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field and years of related experience in Electrical System design and implementation; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Working knowledge of Hydrogen and CNG fueling facilities, including CNG compressors, gas dryers, control valve panels and dispensers, as well as LNG storage and dispensing, is preferred.
Working knowledge of the National Electric Code.
P&ID experience is preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. The ability to communicate effectively with multiple project stakeholders.