The Financial Accountant will be an important member of the Operations Finance team supporting the Accounting Supervisor. The Financial Accountant will coordinate with other teams in Operations Finance including Tax, Treasury, and Payables as well as other areas in Finance including Commodity Finance, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), and Internal Controls. In addition, this role will interact with other areas of the company including commercial, project, operations, legal, regulatory, human resources, and other teams. The Financial Accountant will have responsibility for a variety of aspects of the financial accounting and reporting process.
The Financial Accountant role is a great opportunity for a financial professional looking join a growing team, deepen one’s accounting knowledge, and learn about a dynamic industry. If you desire to have a positive and lasting impact to building our business while growing your career, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity.
Essential Duties / Functions
- Actively engage in month end and year end close activities including preparing, booking, and supporting journal entries and preparing financial statements and reports
- Support year-end financial audit and other reviews and data requests
- Become company expert and resource for internal accounting processes such as allocated expenses, travel expense, and procurement cards (P-Cards)
- Embrace opportunities to build technical expertise by learning about and administering technical areas such as lease accounting
- Demonstrate understanding of accounting process and controls through work related to compliance with AFE’s, contracts, purchase orders, work orders, and work requests
- Develop technical expertise by conducting research of the financial impacts of new accounting standards and the financial implications of new or proposed transactions
- Seek to build industry and company knowledge and skill through training, development activities and by seeking out opportunities to learn new parts of the business
- Pursue efficiencies in systems and processes including collaboration with other teams and business partners
- Participate in teams designing, developing, and implementing systems such as SAPS/4HANA and the Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM) system
- Special projects as requested
Minimum education required of the position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
Minimum experience required of the position.
- Required Experience: 5+ years of financial accounting, reporting, and US GAAP compliance
- Preferred Experience: Audit, SAP S/4HANA
- Helpful: project accounting, cost tracking, travel & expense accounting
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position.
- Solid foundation of educational and practical experience in financial accounting and US GAAP
- Knowledge of or interest in the energy industry in general and natural gas or LNG in particular
- Integrity and professionalism
- Sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Commitment to safety
- Solid written, verbal, and communication and presentation skills
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office tools, particularly Excel
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position.
Normal office environment
- Not all aspects of the job are covered by the description – may require “other duties as assigned.”
- Job may change over time in accordance with business needs.
- Job description does not guarantee employment.
- Must be a US resident to apply