Technical leader and contributor responsible for designing, providing supervision and implementing geological/geophysical activities associated with active field development, reservoir surveillance and subsurface studies including opportunity identification and generation to support well integrity, production sustainment and cost optimization.
Key Job Accountabilities
1. Provide input on key geoscience activities, strategy, improvement initiatives, technology, sustainability efforts, and cost optimization opportunities to Geoscience management for consideration into Petroleum Engineering annual work program and activities,
2. Establish an accurate and complete geoscience databases including use of the Petrel software platform for smooth geoscience support of Petroleum Engineering activities. Integrate new geological/geophysical, petrophysical and well surveillance data, and update the reservoir description of offshore and onshore reservoirs,
3. Provide and produce geologic input to the company's Development Programs including well trajectory planning, optimization of well locations, and well data acquisition requirements for both infill and appraisal wells, as well as carrying out post-drilling geoscience interpretation and evaluation to ensure Shareholders expectations are met and delivered effectively,
4. Develop, provide and implement geoscience assessment and evaluation results and recommendations to the Asset Surveillance Team activities and priorities with focus on improving the ASTs understanding of geologic controls on reservoir flow performance,
5. Pursue and promote geoscience information and recommendations to multifunctional teams within Subsurface to implement studies and projects driven by or significantly impacted by Geoscience knowledge
6. Provide support in understanding and optimizing waste water and acid gas disposal strategies, including the reservoir characterization of the disposal reservoirs and their adjacent seals. Strengthen oversight with geological input for the monitoring of acid gas disposal and new technologies as they become available to ensure effective and safe injection programs are delivered.
7. Provide and implement the geologic descriptions to support the company's surveillance studies (e.g. Saphir-Impact)
8. Promote and stimulate the dissemination and integration of knowledge/learnings from subsurface geoscience related studies (such as Reservoir Flow and Fault/Fracture studies) to the ASTs to enhance their understanding of the reservoir flow behaviour, and identification of well intervention opportunities for production sustainment.
9. Collaborate with external parties (Shareholders R&D, vendors, etc.) on research and development work as required in the effort to enhance efficiency, improve productivity and achieve cost optimization
• Bachelor's degree in Geoscience or related field.
• 8 years of industry experience.
• Good knowledge on variety of field and asset life cycles.
• Experienced mentor.
Technical and Business Skills
• Expert in computer skills in commonly used software (Microsoft Suite, etc) as well as skill area specific computer skills (e.g. Petrel, Petrel Studio)
• Expert in other skills within his/her area of expertise (e.g. within Geologic Rig Support Operations, Field Development, Geoscience Studies)
• Aware of all and knowledgeable of at least three cross functional skills (e.g. - Drilling, Completions, Reservoir Modelling, Reservoir Surveillance, Subsurface Data Management, Production Engineering)
• Native level written and oral English language communication skills
• Competent in the ability to generate/introduce new ideas and concepts