Drilling and Completion
Primary purpose of job
The purpose of this job is to design wells, prepare drilling or workover programmes and provide engineering support during the execution phase of the well.
1. Prepare drilling and workover programs to achieve the objectives specified in the Oil Field Dev. (UN) Well Prognosis or Workover Proposal. The programs shall be prepared in accordance with the Drilling Reference Manual Policies Standards and Procedures and shall include: casing setting depths, bit types, logging, hydraulic, mud program, deviation and well trajectory and wellhead designs. Review offset well data for potential drilling problems such as kicks, lost circulation, deviation control and slow drilling rates.
2. Ensure that HSE and Process Safety considerations are given the highest priority at the well design and program stages, by using risk and hazard management techniques to ensure that all significant risks are eliminated or controlled and by demonstrating visible HSE leadership and an unrelenting commitment to achieving safe operations.
3. Monitor and support the operations on the assigned rig (on call 24 hours a day), including rig site engineering support for operations such as: casing cementation, remedial cementation, well killing, well control and lost circulation situations; managing changes to the drilling program in accordance with the Management of Change procedures and by coordinating with the Drilling Supervisor, UNO Geologist and Service Companies.
4. Review the draft well and workover proposals prepared by the UNO Engineers to ensure they are optimized in terms of operational considerations.
5. Arrange for required drilling services such as cementing, logging, coring, casing and liner services, mud engineering and ensure all contractors are up-to-date on the progress of the drilling operations and when their services are required.
6. Prepare reports including: final well drilling, workover and completion reports in accordance with DRM Volume 5 Chapter 12 – Supervision and Reporting; Success and Failures reports and Well Cost; and Mud Engineer Recap to help optimize future operations.
7. Collect data and prepare the key performance indicators for all wells drilled on assigned rigs and use the indicators to improve performance on a continuous basis
8. Prepare technical specification & bill of quantity in re-tendering of some material call-off and service contracts during the scope of work preparation and technical evaluation to ensure fit for purpose contracts.
9. Create and amend Release Orders (ROs) and Service Entry Sheets (SESs) through the SAP system to insure all invoices are according to the company's contracts and the work performed.
10. Support and coach assigned Qatari development engineers to fill critical engineering roles through allocation of appropriate tasks, and close monitoring of performance.
Experience & Skills
• IWCF certification (Supervisor Level).
• Minimum of 10 years Drilling Operations Engineering experience with an Operating Company (including 2 years of well site operations and 5 years with an IOC).
• Skill in well design, tubular design, completions, wellbore construction, drilling fluids, well control, and a good understanding of geology.
• Fully conversant with and ability to use drilling engineering software such as: Compass; Well Plan; Stress Check and Casing Seat or similar commercially available programs.
• Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
• Energy and enthusiasm for delivering outstanding performance and going above and beyond normal expectations.
• Ability to make the correct operational decisions based on systematic analysis with rigorous attention to detail.
Engineering or Science BSc. degree from an accredited University. Petroleum Engineering preferred.
• IWCF Certificate for Well Intervention (including coiled tubing operations)