Contribute extensively to a single discipline and to multi-disciplinary tasks and assignments within the area of specialization with a high degree of independence. The individual is also expected to develop a broad understanding of other relevant disciplines.
Key Job Accountabilities
1. Perform periodic health assessment "surveillance" of critical rotating equipment and report to stakeholders the analysis and recommendations for the deviations.
2. Provide technical information and expertise to other disciplines, engineering and non-engineering, as per requirements.
3. Assist operations and maintenance managers in making decisions for unplanned shutdowns due to machinery issues in terms of options, scope or duration optimization.
4. Study chronic rotating equipment reliability issues, analyze the causes and provide options/ recommendations for resolution with technical and economic feasibility.
5. Propose solution /review equipment and/or system changes for reliability or
operational enhancements and optimization.
6. Perform /contribute to RCFAs, Risk Assessments, and HAZOP to find cause and eliminate or mitigate the risks.
7. Assist in specialized technical and operational investigations and evaluation of medium complexity tasks, providing recommendations on the most appropriate approach.
8. Provide discipline support to projects by carrying out technical review of documents, analyzing deviations and taking decisions.
9. Assist projects by supporting machinery FAT, SAT, commissioning, start-up and evaluating any deviations.
10. Mentor less experienced engineers and national developees to develop their
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent from an accredited university.
- 6 years' experience in an oil and gas environment.
- Attain/maintain/acquired competence in accordance with the technical competence framework requirements.
- Fluent in English language (demonstrated verbal and written skills).
- Computer literate and knowledgeable in relevant software tools and specifications.
- Effective presentation skills.