Primary Purpose of the Job
Advise and develop effective safety strategies, standards and procedures for Lifting and
Hoisting activities and oversee their implementation to assure that the risks from Lifting
and Hoisting activities across the company are mitigated to a level that is As Low As Reasonably
Practicable (ALARP), are in compliance with all the statutory and corporate
requirements, and aligned with the industry best practices.
Qualifications / Knowledge / Skills / Experience
1. BEng/BSc in Mechanical, Civil, Industrial Engineering or related discipline is
2. A minimum of 15 years of relevant working experience in safety (HSE)
management functions is required.
3. A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in the oil and gas (O&G) industry
or petrochemical industry is required.
4. Lifting Equipment Engineers Association (LEEA) certification or equivalent is
5. Expert knowledge of applicable industry codes and standards for inspection, testing
and certification is required.
6. Demonstrated ability to leverage technical knowledge and interpersonal skills to
influence outcomes across a wide range of stakeholder groups, while taking into
account challenges to the business.
7. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both in terms of leading and
motivating teams, as well as engagement with strategic stakeholders).
8. Ability to work in a multicultural environment and collaborate effectively across
9. Excellent analytical skills and ability to recognize trends, assess risks and identify
10. Ability to apply sound judgment in problem solving, evaluating courses of action,
and making decisions on complex lifting safety matters.
11. Excellent report writing skills.
12. Excellent verbal and written command of English, knowledge of Arabic would be