seeking an experienced refinery Senior Planning Engineer for the Technical Services Department to undertake economic studies and performance monitoring of refinery operations to achieve continuous improvement and increase cost efficiency and effectiveness. The Senior Planning Engineer will also support the Supply Chain Planning team and other key refinery departments to increase company profitability.
Candidates must have experience and expertise and be proficient in one or more of the following areas:
- Refinery Linear Programming (PIMS)
- Mass Balance Reconciliation
Applicants must also have a proven track record in performance monitoring and optimization of refinery process units.
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- At least a BSc level degree, or equivalent, in Chemical Engineering from a recognized University
- At least seven (7) years of relevant experience, predominantly in refinery planning and economics. Some experience in process engineering technical support or refinery operations may also be an advantage
- A sound understanding of the refinery process units and their interactions, and practical knowledge of process unit yields, key stream qualities and refinery product specifications
- Experience and expertise in Linear Programming (PIMS) or Mass Balance Reconciliation. A solid working knowledge of Sigmafine4 would be an added advantage.
- Experience in the use of H-CAMS crude assay manager software is an added advantage.
- Excellent written and spoken English, good communication and mentoring skills, and the ability to influence and gain support from various technical teams within the refinery
The successful candidates will also be:
- A highly developed critical thinker, with excellent analytical, problem solving and decision‑making skills
- Self-motivated, creative and able to exercise initiative
- Able to organize, plan and execute work effectively, independently and within teams
- Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to mentor, coach and inspire younger, less experienced engineers
- Skilled in using MS Office software g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint.