Candidates must have detailed knowledge of primary, secondary and tertiary treatment of refinery waste water streams using API, Induced Air Floatation (IAF) or Dissolved Air Floatation (DAF), and Membrane Bioreactor (MBR), as well as a solid understanding of other refinery utility facilities e.g. thermal desalination, steam generation, cooling water systems and water treatment programs.
Applicants must have a proven track record in performance monitoring and optimization of refinery waste water treatment processes, which utilize membrane technologies and should have experience in refinery utility systems. Such experience must also include troubleshooting, undertaking of performance surveys, onsite field checks, preparation of performance reports, and participation in shutdowns and turnarounds for maintenance and inspection.
- At least a BSc level degree, or equivalent, in Chemical Engineering from a recognised University
- At least seven (7) years of relevant experience, most of which will have been in a refinery technical services role, providing process engineering support for waste water treatment and utilities systems
- Expert knowledge of waste water treatment using membrane technology
- Solid experience and understanding of other refinery utility facilities e.g. thermal desalination, steam generation, cooling towers and chemical water treatment
- A good working knowledge of some of the main process simulation software used in the refining industry e.g. AspenTech Hysys, ProII, PetroSim, HTRI. A working knowledge of Visual-MESA, in particular, is an added advantage
- Excellent written and spoken English, good communication and mentoring skills, and the ability to influence and gain support from various technical teams within the refinery
The successful candidate will also be:
- A highly developed critical thinker, with excellent analytical, problem solving and decision‑making skills
- Self-motivated, creative and able to exercise initiative
- Able to organize, plan and execute work effectively, independently and within teams
- Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to mentor and inspire younger, less experienced process engineers
- Able to coach others working with him/her
- Skilled in using MS Office software e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, in a process engineering technical services environment