Primary purpose of job
Develop a working understanding of the laws, regulations and exchange rules of specific application ("Trading Regulations") in connection with the products traded by an affiliate of
the company, both on a physical and a derivative basis, where (1)physical mainly relates to: LNG traded and delivered worldwide, including in Europe / EU terminals; and (2) derivative concerns financial products including Brent Crude Oil, Dutch TTF, UK Natural Gas, Henry Hub, LNG, both OTC or through an exchange (i.e. ICE Futures (Europe), ICE Futures (US) and CME), directly as well as via a broker.
Take a primary role in the preparation and the ongoing review of internal policies & procedures and the implementation of internal processes (including reporting measures) in order to ensure
compliance with the same. Monitor trading activity in order to ensure compliance with the Trading Regulations at all times and provide regulatory compliance strategic advice, if and when needed.
Experience & Skills
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of regulatory compliance matters relevant to energy markets and exchanges,
both from a physical and financial perspective;
- Minimum eight years of work experience in an energy trading environment is expected, preferably in connection with trading LNG and/or gas;
- Knowledge of industry technological tools is attractive;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and stakeholder management skills, with fluency in written and spoken English.
Other language skills would also be advantageous;
- Proven people skills and experience managing high pressure situations.
-Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Economics, International Studies, Law or equivalent, from an internationally recognized university.
-Postgraduate degree is not required but is it is attractive