Primary purpose of job
1. To supervise offshore construction operations, new project works, maintenance and
shutdown support to the company's offshore facilities utilizing workboat based contractor
Responsible for all services provided by the Marine department to the customer utilising contractor supplied vessel, personnel and equipment.
2. Prepare all Work permits, Plan scope work, supervises and directs multidisciplined
contractor work force during construction , engineering projects and shutdown support activities on the company's offshore complexes and remote locations adhering to all safety rules and regulations, meeting the company's and international codes and standards.
3. Provides in depth technical advice to customers on repair strategies during emergency support requirements to bring systems back online and minimize any loss of production. Capable of organizing work force to provide continuous support in implementing repairs on live production stations.
4. Responsible for all crane operations and lifting activities ensuring compliance with the company's lifting regulations and guidelines on heavy lifts. Evaluate and carry out HAZOP studies for all critical lifting operations. Focal point for all joint operations (SIMOPS) when involved with drilling rigs, diving vessels or live production station support.
5. Communicates and liaises with other the company's department personnel in particular with
inspection personal for all sort of construction work, Offshore Installation Supervisors advising on work scopes, site access and preparation requirements for construction activities and hot works.
Responsible for administration of all aspects of contract ensuring compliance with terms and conditions. Monitors contractors services, reviewing and accepting submission for reimbursing contractor for services provided.
7. Compiles site survey report, daily and monthly report detailing work activities & progress status, completion documentation and as built packages for all scopes of work undertaken by the contractor ensuring full compliance with the company's engineering requirements and standards.
8. Conducts audits of on-board equipment, reports any defective construction or marine equipment and applies penalty deduction notification for contract administration personnel.
9. Coordinates all vessel movements with master to ensure efficient utilization for support services. Advises on future locations for planning of mooring requirements to position vessel for optimum support to construction crew.
Experience & Skills
- A minimum of 10 years supervisory experience in offshore construction operations with a high level of knowledge in the trade disciplines involved including piping, structural, welding, scaffolding, rigging and painting operations.
- Familiar with inspection requirements and techniques for welding and piping system pressure testing. Clear understanding of international codes and standards applicable to construction works in the oil and gas industry.
- Experience in crane operations from floating platforms and conversant with marine requirements. In depth knowledge of safety procedures for all offshore construction operations such as hot works, vessel entry and working on live production stations.
HNC or equivalent technical qualification in Mechanical or Structural Engineering is